Collection of Information
We collect personal information which is necessary to conduct business with you, including your name, email address, phone number, and home/shipping address (if required). Overland Footwear and its service provider may use your personal information to:
1. identify you to provide better customer service to you,
2. perform authorised transactions with you
3. keep you informed about Overland Footwear collections, promotions, and events
4. protect our lawful interests
5. fulfill legal and regulatory obligations
Use and disclosure of your Information
Overland Footwear uses and discloses your personal information and the information you supply in many ways necessary for us to do business together: product promotion, registration, and product activation provide transactional services and client support as well as for secure access to the Overland Footwear websites.
The information we provide will be protected by a confidentiality agreement that will obligate the third party to use the information solely to complete the specific project. Other than as specified above, we release account and other personal information only when release is required by law or necessary to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or protect the rights of Overland Footwear, our customers, or other third parties.
Overland Footwear may contact you to inform you about product updates, collections, promotions, and events. A number of laws are in place to limit direct marketing activity and you may notify us at any time that you do not want to receive any marketing communications from Overland Footwear. You can unsubscribe from marketing communications at any point through the My Account section of the website.
Disclosure to third parties
We may provide your personal information to our related bodies corporate and our service providers who assist us with client contact, archival, auditing, accounting, legal, business consulting, banking, delivery, data processing, automated communications, website or technology services. Some of the third parties described above including our service providers may be located in other countries. You acknowledge that while these parties will often be subject to other confidentiality or privacy obligations, they may not in all cases be subject to the specific requirements of New Zealand privacy laws. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, facilitate court proceedings, or protect our rights.
Other information we collect
If you choose to post comments for other users, we will collect the information you provide to us. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or social media messages, on the Overland Footwear website, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
Updating Your Personal Information
Overland Footwear allows you to alter your personal data when you are logged into the website. If you believe that any of your personal details which we are processing are inaccurate or incorrect, please contact us here email@example.com
If you have made an inquiry about our products, we may send you occasional and targeted promotional e-mails about our products and special deals we offer, unless you have opted out of receiving these. Overland Footwear fully complies with the requirements of the New Zealand Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 with Express and Inferred consent. Overland Footwear includes a structured opt-out facility on all commercial electronic messages. Additionally, our website provides you the opportunity to manage your own Personal Profile, including email preferences (Personal Preferences), allowing you to opt out at any stage from receiving such communications. If you are a subscriber to Overland Footwear services we reserve the right to contact you regarding critical website updates and key alerts indicating outstanding requests. Finally, your email address may also be used if it becomes necessary to contact you individually for any reason.
We protect your credit card information during transmission by using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts your information when transmitted over the Internet. Your credit card details are not held by Overland Footwear and cannot be accessed by Overland Footwear personnel.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies can be used to recognise you as a member and can be used to automatically configure services. There are 3 main types of cookies we use on our site.
- Necessary cookies – this helps make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Preference cookies – These enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
- Statistic cookies – These help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously. When you visit our website, we may record your "IP addresses" and information on the type of operating system (e.g. Windows or Apple OS) and browser software (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.) you are using. This information is used to diagnose problems with our service and for planning capacity and compatibility. Your IP address may also be used to help gather aggregated demographic information, such as which ISP you are using or what country you are connecting from.
Advertising and Third-Party Links
Overland Footwear websites may contain links to a variety of third-party sites to enhance the member experience. We have no control of either the content or privacy policies of such sites, nor should such links be considered an endorsement of these sites except where otherwise noted. We encourage you to review the policies of such third-party sites prior to submitting any personal information to them.
From time to time, our privacy policies may change due to developments in business practice and/or changes in the law. You should periodically review this page for the latest information on Overland Footwear policies and practices.